Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Vegas Ride

I took this morning's Spinning class to Vegas for my birthday.

Basically that means that we played gambling games the whole class.

I didn't ride along. I just ran around the room handing out poker cards and letting people roll the dice. And I played my favorite music without worrying about whether or not anyone else was enjoying it (today's selection included P!nk, The White Stripes, Steriogram, YFriday, Paramore and State of Shock, to name a few).

As the intervals started, I got some moaning and groaning from the class. The fitness center has been closed down for two weeks for cleaning and maintenance, so they thought they should come back to an easy class. I had to keep reminding them that it was MY birthday, and I could do what I wanted.

I expected more heckling, but ended up being the heckler of the day, I suppose. (Just so you don't think I'm too mean, they all said they enjoyed the class.)

The winner of the poker game ended up with a full house and won a ProBar (I used to love ProBar, but now I can't eat it since it's not gluten-free, so I decided to give it away.)

It was a fun time and a good way to spend my birthday at work.

2 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

Happy Birthday Girl! You'll have to teach me how to do the "Vegas class". It sounds fun.

Anonymous said...

You were let off easily on the heckling because we were all gasping from having time off and returning to INTERVALS! ha!

LG