Thursday, September 18, 2008

This So Applies to My Life Lately

I get to the party, but I'm too late
And I got stood up on my very first date
I listen to country and everybody goes rock
I get to the dance floor, that's when the music stops

It doesn't matter what I do, I just can't seem to win
But here I go again

And I say
Hey that's the story of my life
I had a good plan but it didn't go right
Oh no I'm overdrawn
I check my account and the money's all gone
Why me? I don't know what to think
I finally get aboard and the whole boat sinks
Seems to be the story of my life

I pick a slot machine and lose it all again
But when I walk away, someone else always wins
When she finally calls me, I forget my phone
And when I'm starving, you know the kitchen's closed


Just when it seems like it's turnin' 'round for me
There's always something that ends up happening
I found my car but I can't find my keys


Seems to be the story of my life
(lyrics by Smash Mouth)

Actually, pretty much every song I hear lately seems to apply to my life. I need to get out more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! sounds familiar...
Hope you hit the Up side soon.

Anonymous said...

Things will get better!

Remember to take care of yourself.

Hilslug