Monday, September 29, 2008

Jumping Back In

Back to the weight room today. I have a love/hate relationship with the weight room. I hate doing the exercises, but I love what they do for my body.

Apparently, I'm not the only one.

I had two guys begging me to come do the bench press so they could spot me. I tried to decline, but I did need to do bench press, and the cable bench press machines were busy, so I took the offer. These guys were ruthless! They wouldn't let me quit until they decided I was done. My arms were shaking from too much weight (yes, the bar is too much weight at this point), and they still made me do 15 reps the first set. I knew I was toast after the first set, so how I let them talk me into doing a second set, I don't know. I ran out the door as they tried to get me to come do a third set. I could barely drive myself home! Sad, I know.

But, I was surprised to find that my lower body strength is still holding up. I'd taken in my max-weight numbers from last year, and was pleasantly taken aback to find that those numbers were much too easy this year. Yay! Especially yay since I have pretty much done diddly-squat for the last month.

Gotta find a better time to hit the gym when the guys aren't there.

0 comments: