Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September Racing

You know how it is when there's something you can't have? As soon as you realize you can't have it, you want it more than anything else in the whole wide world.

That's how it is for me right now with racing. Because I'm supposed to be recovering from mono, I haven't been training. Okay, let's admit it...I haven't really been doing much (except napping) at all. I've been okay with this for the last couple of weeks because there's been no racing going on. But, there are two races coming up before the end of the month. I want to race them.

And I can't.

I really want to do the Climber's Trophy! This race goes up the south side of Big Mountain. At this time of year the leaves are turning brilliant colors of orange, red, and yellow. It really is a gorgeous race course. To show you how pretty it is, here's a picture of me at the top last year.



One other thing that tempts me about this race: even if I don't have the fitness to race well, there's always the DH Non-Climber's Trophy to compete for. I think by now DH has figured out that I really am a non-climber.

But, having not touched my bike for almost two weeks (seems like longer to me...), I don't feel like I have the fitness to do a hill-climb time-trial on Saturday. Plus, given the fact that I can't even fake it through a strength Spinning class anymore without having to come home and take a two-hour nap, I don't think racing would be a good idea.

And then there's the crit on the 27th. It had lost it's appeal to me when I heard that I would have to race against the Pros/Cat1/2/3s. But, I recently peeked in on the sign up, and learned that they will be scoring the Cat4s separately. So, of course now I want in on this one, too.

What to do? What to do? I guess I'll just have to sleep on it for now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rio's Rider said...

In case you're wondering about the two deleted posts - they were spam. I guess it's time to start making everyone have to enter a code to leave a comment. Sorry.

Downhilldiva said...

I have to admit I was a little more tempted to do the hill climb with the DH non hill climber trophy at stake. But I will be bruising my nether regions by hopping onto my cross bike. The crit is going to rock though! At least come cheer. You can ride with us and you know that alone will be a party!

Downhilldiva said...

One more thing. . . you look so much hotter in the Ski Utah kit.

Anonymous said...

I'm doing both. Maybe you can be my wheel car for the hill climb. Or you can just get out and kick me in the butt when I get too slow.

And why delete the spam? Some of us, not me of course, might be interested in the online pharmacy ads.