Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesdays Are My Favorite Days

It's amazing to me how much stuff I can get done when I take a day and actually focus on getting stuff done.

Tuesdays are my day off from my Spinning job. And since I'm now coaching myself, I gave myself the whole day off from training. Yes, I'm going to start "training" again. I'm tired of not training. As a matter of fact, that's one of the things I got done today. I didn't train, but I worked on figuring out what training I'm going to give myself for the next couple of weeks. Honestly, I miss having someone tell me what to do. Plus, I think I behaved myself so much better when I had someone to be accountable to. We'll just have to see how well I behave when it's just me I have to report to. It would be pointless to have someone else spend their precious time planning my schedule only to have me not be able to keep up with what they want me to do. So, it's up to me for now.

Other stuff I got done today:

  • I worked extra hours for job #2. The company will be so happy with all the extra work I put in today. And I will be happy with the extra money I'll get paid.
  • I cleaned the house. I really should do a bit of this every day. It looks so much better around here! I even went so far as to give the houseplants a shower. And when things look better, I feel more at peace. If only my house would stay this way.
  • I even had time to goof off and find some new music (by listening to Pandora.com radio while I worked). Here are some examples:
  1. Mary Please by The Brain Jonestown Massacre
  2. Dead Souls by Joy Division
  3. I Wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses
  4. C'Mon Baby by Tricky
On the health front, I'm still waiting for the latest round of test results to come back. I've been waiting for over two weeks since they did the bloodwork. I'm tired of waiting. I'm starting to form my own ideas about what is wrong with me (because I've stopped believing that I have mono - I know, I know, I should listen to my dr. yada, yada). I continue to be so tired and sore. It's frustrating when I do two hour-long endurance classes in one day, and my quads and glutes are sore the next day. That should not happen. It's never happened to me before. Thanks to a comment by Gary, I've been doing a little research on soy. I have to wonder if the reason I feel worse now than I did before I dropped dairy out of my diet is because of all the extra soy I'm getting. I'm going to stop the soy (whimper) and see if that helps. Plus, I'm planning on trying wheat one more time to see if it makes me sick again. I'll do this on Thursday. I'm waiting until Thursday because I expect to get sick, and if I get sick I can get out of a meeting I don't want to go to. See how nice that will work?

Okay, really, enough rambling for tonight. I really need to go figure out how I'm going to crack the whip on the class while I walk the room tomorrow morning (I won't be riding tomorrow either - my "coach" says to stay off the bike and take the dog for a walk instead).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOY, what a tough coach!

SlingShot

Anonymous said...

Crack the whip in your Wednesday class? Whew. Glad I missed it. ;)

Hilslug