Saturday, September 13, 2008

Tormented

I thought I would be fine going to the Climber's Trophy race today, yet not racing it. I had fun while I was there, socializing with my bike buddies, taking pictures, and enjoying the scenery.



Binlaw did a great job racing. Not only did she race while sick, but she somehow managed to get off course. She still took fourth place. After the awards ceremony, I dropped her off at her sister's house in SLC, and I had the whole drive home to to sit by myself and think.

That's when I decided how tormented I feel.

I wanted it oh, so badly. It was there, taunting me. And I couldn't have it. It's so frustrating! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TAUNT ME LIKE THAT?

Yet, strangely, it also motivated me. Yes, I know, great time of year to get motivated, RR! Racing is pretty much over. I just hope I can carry the motivation into next year's season.

EDIT: Email me if you saw me take your picture and you want a copy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why would I want a picture of myself in that race? blah, I just kind of soft pedaled up the hill after I found out my legs still hadn't recovered from LOTOJA.

Rio's Rider said...

Well, good...I'm sorry, but you're not one of the lucky few who had themselves "professionally" photographed by me anyway.