Friday, September 26, 2008

Stuff

Had some nice, unexpected downtime last night. Spent a couple of hours hanging out at the coffee shop, just people watching. Saw some interesting outfits. Why some people dress so idiotic as to make themselves look distorted and misshapen, I don't know. And ladies, if you don't know how to walk in heels, don't wear heels! I hadn't wanted to go and sit, but ended up feeling quite refreshed and relaxed once I was there.

While sitting there, enjoying the sights, sounds and smells, I heard a song that I hadn't heard for a very long time. And its lyrics struck me hard. The song was No One is to Blame by Howard Jones. Once again, another song so appropriate for my life right now.

You can look at the menu but you just can't eat
You can feel the cushions but you can't have a seat
You can dip your foot in the pool but you can't have a swim
You can feel the punishment but you can't commit the sin
And you want her and she wants you
We want everyone
And you want her and she wants you
No one, no one, no one ever is to blame
You can build a mansion but you just can't live in it
You're the fastest runner but you're not allowed to win
Some break the rules
And live to count the cost
The insecurity is the thing that won't get lost
And you want her and she wants you
We want everyone
And you want her and she wants you
No one, no one, no one ever is to blame
You can see the summit but you can't reach it
Its the last piece of the puzzle but you just can't make it fit
Doctor says you're cured but you still feel the pain
Aspirations in the clouds but your hopes go down the drain
And you want her and she wants you
We want everyone
And you want her and she wants you
No one, no one, no one ever is to blame
No one ever is to blame

Anyway, I taught two strength Spinning classes this morning. The early morning instructor is out of the country for a week, so I'm on double duty. Just what I need. I'm really feeling the exhaustion today, and I don't know if it looks like I'll have time to squeeze a nap into the schedule. I love naps! I feel 100 percent better after a nap. I highly recommend a daily nap.

Ate an Oreo yesterday. It was yummy! It made me sick. But not too sick. I think I can live with it and stay on wheat long enough to get tested and get an actual diagnosis. So, back to a normal diet again for now.

1 comments:

Gary said...

WOW! good luck with that. I never want to feel like that again. Then at the time I was wanting to know for sure too. After feeling like I had been pulled through a knot hole I didn't and still don't care if a doc says I am sick. Sure hope it goes better for you . I didn't make it long enough to make the byopsy worth going to.
that song brings back the jr high days LOL.