Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Make Up Your Minds Already!

Everytime I check the weather forecast for this weekend, it has changed.

First, it looked cold and rainy. Crap.

Then, sunny and warm. Nice.

Crap.

Nice.

Crap.

Nice...

I wish the weather people would just make up their minds!

In recovery news, I am feeling much better. Scabs are coming off, and I can sleep on my bruised right side now without too much pain. Every day is a little better than the one before. The only issue I'm currently having is that my right shoulder muscles have shut down on me. It's difficult to lift my arm up higher than shoulder height, hold anything with weight, zip zippers or tie shoes. Even just keeping my arm in one position for too long fatigues the shoulder muscles. I keep thinking I'll go to the chiropractor, but can't talk myself into spending the money. If it is still bothering me after today's ride, I'll break down and go. Hopefully, he won't mess anything else up while he's fixing me.

Speaking of today's ride, I'll be riding up Provo Canyon to the top of South Fork again with the lunchtime group. It always amazes me how many people can get away for a bike ride on their lunch "hour." Last week there were eight of us and I expect at least that many again today.

Antelope Island race for me this weekend - regardless of the weather forecast. I'm excited to see the return of this race. It's been one of my favorites. I hope the change in course doesn't affect my feel-good attitude about it. It seems to me that starting the race at the end of the causeway and finishing it miles away on the island makes for a very spectator-unfriendly race.

0 comments: