Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Experiment - Warm FX

After calling and checking into several stores looking for the muscle-warming embrocation I wanted, I finally settled for Warm FX by Bodyglide.



Since I was a little sore from yesterday's ride and from this morning's interval Spinning class (5x5s - ouch, those hurt!), I decided to try some on.

I rubbed some on all my stiff or sore spots: my quads, my lower back, my neck and my shoulders.

At first I didn't notice anything, other than the smell. Then I got really cold. I was starting to take chills so I wrapped myself in a blanket. That helped. I stayed cold for about a half an hour and then everything got nice and warm. My neck was no longer stiff, but my legs are still sore.

The warm effect wore off my legs first, then the shoulders. But now, after and hour and 15 minutes, I can still feel the warmth on my neck and lower back.

I like the final warming effect of this product. But, I didn't so much enjoy the chills that came with getting there (or the menthol smell). If I'm going to use this before a race I will need to remember to apply it before I leave the house to give it plenty of time to soak in and give me that warm feeling.

I give the product a B+. I think I could get the same effect using Icy Hot.

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on some Qoleum products?

1 comments:

StupidBike said...

madalchemy.com

all natural ingredients

I got 4 different 'flavors' love em all, dependent on weather.

The hot, is hot.