Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Lunch Ride

Rode with BDE (Best Draft Ever) to Saratoga Springs today. He was the only one who showed for the ride.

He and I have very different ideas of what an "endurance" ride should be. Actually, I think he was going easy, but I was pretty much zone 4 the whole ride trying to focus on holding his wheel. I need to learn to focus. No more, "Hey look, a bird!" only to find myself dropped.

We did throw in a sprint once, just for fun. Who can resist when one of those "your speed is ____" trailers is parked on the side of the road. We managed to get going fast enough to make the lights blink at us, warning us to slow down.

Temperatures were mid-60s when we started and mid-70s when we got back. It was nice! Starting to see the tan lines on my wrists again. Yay, sun!

36.26 miles in 2 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two hour lunch?
Cheaters!

Anonymous said...

i assume this is your excuse for not visiting RMR???

Rio's Rider said...

Meh. Who cares what the boss thinks. If the coach says two hours, it's two hours.