Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Here Comes the Sun and I Say, "It's Alright"

Philpot invited me to go riding after Spinning class this morning. I really didn't feel like going, but couldn't turn down the invitation, so I went.

The weather was so nice with temperatures around 70-75 degrees (F) and not a cloud in the sky. I was able to ride in shorts and a short-sleeved jersey for the first time this year.

We took the neighborhood roads through Orem, Lindon, Pleasant Grove, American Fork and Alpine before turning around to head back home. My rear derailleur had started phantom shifting, and on a descent back into American Fork I realized that I could no longer get into my smallest rear gear. So we headed to my favorite bike shop where they dropped what they were doing and fixed my problem. They're great! Thanks, guys!

Once back home, I realized that I had gotten some sun. My fabulous biker tan lines have returned! Only later did I realize that I had not only gotten a tan, but I was SUNBURNED!!! Ouch! Yes, I will continue to refuse to wear sunblock. It'll be a tan by tomorrow anyway.

  • 2 hours in the sun
  • More climbing than I wanted to do
  • Slowmo pace
  • I had fun and am glad that I went
  • Plans to ride with Ragla on Thursday after class
  • I have great friends who are not going to let me give up

0 comments: