Saturday, February 28, 2009

Riding with the Boys

So, Ragla was a no-show this morning. After making us plan to go so early, she couldn't come.

Anyway, it was 25 degrees out when we started off. Brrr!!! Even with two sets of long-fingered gloves on my hands were painfully numb by the time we got to Provo. Luckily, we met up with BDE not too far from his house, so he went and got a decent pair of gloves for me to wear. Relief! Once I put them on I was able to ride without wanting to cry anymore.

We rode out through Mapleton to the mouth of Spamdish Fork canyon. By the time we got there, the temperatures had come up to a balmy 40 degrees, and I was feeling pretty good.



The only problem I had on today's ride was that I feel like I don't have any power for climbing. And really, the only climbing we did was some overpasses. But, everytime the road would turn up, I would fall way back. Maybe it was just that I was riding with a couple of guys and they are simply more awesome than I am. Whatever it was, I just wasn't feeling the climbing love today.

45.1 miles in 2:40

0 comments: