Thursday, February 19, 2009

I'm Getting Jittery

Now that the weather is starting to look like Spring might actually arrive, I'm starting to feel that anxious twitter. It's the feeling of "Oh, crap! Race season is upon me!" It's not a bad feeling...just an uneasiness or disquietude. Am I ready? Have I spent too much time enjoying the snow instead of "training?" Should I have tested out my legs at Valley of the Sun? All questions that will have to be answered on the road.

I went to the bike shop this morning to have my new, better fitting handlebars installed. I think that's where the nervousness is coming from. Suddenly, I know that time is up and I need to get serious.

So on Saturday, I ride. It's a group ride starting at the Cracker Barrel off the Springville exit. The group is meeting at 1:20 - ready to ride at 1:30. We'll be riding the West Mountain loop. If I'm feeling good, I'll ride home as well. I've got to get some bike time (plus make up some time from Tuesday, since I still feel guilty from missing a workout on that day)!

Maybe next weekend I'll go out of town...somewhere sunny and warm...I never know where each day is going to take me.

2 comments:

crazy4rammstein said...

Somewhere sunny and warm next week as in the "Callville Classic Stage Race" in Las Vegas?

Rio's Rider said...

Possibly...