Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bummer Day

Here was the plan for Monday and Tuesday:
Monday - Spinning class and weight lifting
Tuesday - Cross country ski

Here's what I should have done:
Monday was President's Day and I was called to sub the Tuesday Spinning class, so I SHOULD have switched the workouts and skied on Monday. Duh! I seems so obvious now.

Here's what actually happened:
Monday, a friend invited me to go cross-country skiing. But I was pretty dead-set in following the "plan" of the day, so I didn't go with her. Since it was a holiday, I didn't have Spinning class after all, so I rode my trainer. I also went to the gym and lifted weights. But the whole day I felt bad that I had not gone skiing.
Tuesday is my normal day off, but this Tuesday I got to sub the early morning Spinning class. After class, I was planning on heading up to Sundance's Nordic center. But, I found myself without a ride (you have to have 4-wheel drive or chains to get there - neither of which I have) until about 1 pm. Once I had a vehicle, I headed up the canyon - only to find that the road going to Sundance was closed for avalanche control. So I moved to plan B and went back down the canyon to Bridal Veil Falls. I figured I could ski on the old road since it's gated and closed to traffic. Nope. I pulled into the parking lot and found a big, bright orange sign announcing that the area was also closed for avalanche control. Defeated, I went home.

A day later, I still feel guilty for missing my workout.

0 comments: