Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Gonna Be Sad When the Snow is Gone

Tuesday I returned to Sundance for more cross-country ski action. I had the best time! 2.5 hours all to myself. My favorite part of the Nordic area is a corridor going over to Little Sahara (a.k.a. Aspen Grove). After working up a good sweat, the shady, pine tree lined trail is a good cool off. I've never skied down into Aspen Grove because it is steep, Steep, STEEP! But I've always wanted to. One of these days...


It seriously doesn't get any better than this (in the winter, anyway)!
I got a new max speed: 15.1 mph! I did it with the biggest smile on my face. It was fabulous just to let go and enjoy.



After skiing, I came home and did the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time: I baked a cake. Now, it wasn't the actual cake making/baking that was hard. It was resisting licking my fingers, the bowl and the beaters. It seemed like a true sin to put unlicked beaters in the dishwasher...what a waste! But I knew that a little pleasure in tasting would have me seriously sick and mad at myself later. The cake could feel my pain. It didn't want to bake and came out of the oven looking truly angry. It knew it wasn't baked with love.


Tell me that's not an angry cake! And to watch everyone enjoying that cake later was sheer torture.

Tonight: Ladies Night at Mad Dog in Orem. Hope to see all of my favorite ladies there!

1 comments:

Gary said...

if it helps I flip the caks including that angry one as well as corn and wheat filds of BG stile. It really makes me feel better.