Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cross Country Skiing

Cross-country skiing was pretty awesome this morning. Despite the ultra frigid temperatures (10-16 degrees F) while I was there, I really enjoyed myself.

Today I skied with Me, Myself, and I. I had kinda forgotten that I was going until I woke up this morning, so I didn't invite anybody along with me this time. It was lonely.

I put in a full two and a half hours today. I covered all the trails except two of the big climbs/descents. I had fun exploring every part of the Sundance Nordic area. It was beautiful!

Sundance got a lot of new snow since I was up there on Saturday. Actually, on Saturday it was raining, threatening to wash away all the snow, so the Nordic center was closed, and I didn't get to ski. So the new snow is a good thing. I was able to break new trail on much of the ground I covered today.

The trees were thickly covered in snow, and it would fall off in glittery mist every so often. I was lucky to avoid getting dumped on by any of it, except once when I stopped for a minute to take pictures.

As far as stats go, my heart rate monitor/GPS decided to play dead today, so I don't know how fast or far I went. The snow felt grippier than usual today, so I don't think I broke any speed records.

0 comments: