Monday, January 19, 2009

What a Busy, Tiring Day

I'm exhausted. And it's only Monday. Do I get a rest week sometime soon? Maybe I've been taking it too easy on myself and I need to work harder?

I started out the day teaching a Spinning class. Apparently my iPod is tired too because it decided to die just three songs into class. Luckily, one of the other instructors happened to be in the room at the time and let me borrow her iPod. She had some pretty good music. Maybe too good. My heart rate was way higher than it should have been for an endurance workout. Oh well, I guess.

After class, I hurried down to the weight room and changed things up with my usual weight session. Um...ow. I did all the important stuff, skipped one set of other stuff, and hurried out of there.

Ran home and changed clothes then drove to SLC to help a teammate move. I wish I had worn my heart rate monitor because this was another hard workout. I probably climbed her full set of stairs 60 times, usually carrying some heavy box. I spent a couple of hours doing this before I had to leave. But, even though the work was hard, I was glad to be able to go help my teammate. I was worried that she was going to move away and I wouldn't ever see her again. Lucky for me, she's not moving far away just yet.

On the way home, I couldn't resist stopping by my second-most favorite bike shop. I'm still looking for those 38 cm handlebars. They didn't have them either. But they did have a flirty bike shop guy. I almost let him talk me into ordering some $460 bars! Egads! Luckily, I happen to know the guy pretty well, so instead, I told him to find me some more reasonably priced bars and give me a call.

Once home I was finally able to take some time to eat - important to remember to eat. Then it was off to get some internet work hours in. How else can I pay for all my bike stuff if I don't work?

Oh, one more thing. This isn't from today, but while I've been bike shop hopping I happened upon a really cool jersey. It would have been perfect for the 'cross party's NASCAR theme.

Notice how the logos are changed (click image for a bigger view)to reflect a bike theme.
And the back:

I like it! Too bad it costs $83! I've got too much other bike stuff I've gotta spend my money on.

0 comments: