Saturday, January 10, 2009

Racing Thoughts

I'm feeling better. I've heard from a couple of people now that a detox can make you feel sore. So I guess I'll chalk up how I felt to the diet. Today is my last day on it, and I can hardly wait until tomorrow to have a piece of chocolate!

I was looking at the flyer for the Southern Nevada Stage Race yesterday (click here for to see the flyer), and I was impressed with what I saw. I really would like to see more races here in Utah ran the way they are running theirs. For one thing, they give the Cat 3 women the option of racing with the Cat 4s or with the Cat 1s and 2s. Nothing scares me (or most others from what I hear) away from upgrading to Cat 3 more than the prospect of having to race against women who are much stronger and faster than you are. If I had the option to race either way, I would be way more motivated and excited to upgrade.

The other thing I noticed about this race was that they are paying out to the women's Cat 3-4 group. $400. Unheard of here in Utah.

Can you tell that I'm thinking of doing this race? The only issues for me are 1) travel - I would have to drive to Las Vegas, 2) the expense of gas and motel, and 3) the race is at the end of FEBRUARY. Can I be ready in six weeks?

3 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

Yes, you can be ready. We will carpool. Margaret is looking into host housing or we can share a hotel room. I also have a friend that lives there and will likely let us stay for free. DO IT!

Rio's Rider said...

Now I'm freaked out!

Downhilldiva said...

Hey girl. I'm emailing my gf in Vegas. Start training!!!