Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Life is a Party

The last few days have been quite a party! Well, except the parts (yes, plural) where I got stuck in the snow because my car is a gutless piece of poo. But that would be an angry post, so I'll move on.

Saturday I hurried home from my sunny trip to Yuma, Arizona. I was really excited to go to the 'cross party. It was pretty fun. Especially seeing everybody dressed up in their redneck/trailer-trash/NASCAR garb. I really liked seeing some of the guys in their mullet wigs. It was a hoot!
Here I am in my huge Jeff Gordon shirt:


I'm not sure I could have gotten more makeup on my eyes:


Shanna and I living it up:


Nancy and Shanna:


Nancy ended up winning the drawing for the 'cross bike. Even though I was jealous, I don't think it could have gone to a nicer person. Yay, Nancy! Maybe I can talk her into selling it to me. If I'm going to upgrade next season, I'll need to have a bike of my own to race. I've been borrowing Shanna's bike. But if we're racing the same race, one bike's not going to work anymore. Although, we did joke around about trading off the bike every lap during the race.


And here I am with my award: a cowbell and purple shoes.


Sunday was a pretty calm rest day.

Monday I got stuck in the snow and didn't get much of anything done.

This morning I went snowshoeing up Provo Canyon with my friend, Lifesgreat (aka Hilslug).


It was so pretty up the canyon! Can you see the duck in the river?

Then tonight (after I got stuck in the snow some more), I got to go eat fabulous food at the Sundance party. My favorite dish was halibut with a corn tortilla crust and mandarin oranges. The Sundance chefs always put an interesting spin on the food, and it is a good thing. Yum!

There was a dance contest, and some of the people were a little crazy. I couldn't help but snap a photo of the guy who did a strip tease dance.

Good times, good times!

I wonder where I'll get stuck in the snow tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get stuck at the Fitness Center. I need you there for spin class.

You live a party life.

Hilslug

Rio's Rider said...

No, it happened much closer to home - my car chose to get stuck in my own driveway instead. Almost had to call a sub to teach my class. Dumb 2-wheel drive! I was sure glad to come out of the gym and find that the snow was melting off the roads.
Party on!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. Congrats on the award! It was pretty crazy and cool to win a bike. I think that the bike is too big for me but I'm not sure that it will fit you either. We should talk. Send me an email.