Friday, February 6, 2009

Recovery Day Rethought

So much for having a recovery day today. I kicked my own butt in Spinning class this morning. Lots of high resistance and out of saddle time. Then down to the gym for some weight lifting. Golden Boy returned to the gym and we got to chatting, and I think I might have put in some extra reps. I'm shot.

But I put off recovery with good reason.

Last night I was staring at one of my many calendars when it suddenly occurred to me that I couldn't go cross-country skiing tomorrow like I had planned. The calendar tells me that tomorrow is the day I go get trained to be a cycling race official. I knew it was coming, but it kind of sneaked up on me. I am pretty excited about becoming an official. I'm still trying to figure out which races I'll race and which ones I'll officiate.

So tomorrow will be the "official" recovery day for the week.

1 comments:

Bearonabike said...

Congrats on becoming an official cycling official!!