Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Solo to Saratoga

One of the first things I do when I get up in the morning is check facebook. I'm convinced that so much has gone on in the world of my online friends while I've been sleeping. One of the first things I saw on facebook this morning was Jared's status: "Jared thinks this wind looks brutal for a bike ride." I pondered on this as I walked over to the window to take a peek. Hmmm...not a twig twittering or a weed wiggling. Just a cloud covered sky. Must be a Salt Lake specific wind. I was good to go.

I kitted up. By the time I was out the door, the clouds were gone and the sun was shining. I peeled off my jacket and threw it back into the house. I wouldn't need it today.

Today's ride was an endurance ride. So I choose one of the flattest routes I could. I headed to Saratoga Springs west of Lehi. It's a nice ride with little traffic and lots of scenery. I had to stop and get a picture of this big ol' Texas Longhorn.


I just wish he would have looked over at me so you could see the huge span of those horns.

Plus, the birds were out this morning. I saw four Canadian Geese, an American Kestrel, and I had a near head-on collision with what I think must have been a Golden Eagle. I don't know why he was flying so low - maybe he was injured. But it was cool to see such a huge bird so up close.

It was a peaceful ride. Even after the winds started kicking up. I had ridden west to Lehi before I noticed the winds. I had a good headwind all the way home. I think Jared sent the wind.

31 miles in 2 hours.

0 comments: