Saturday, December 27, 2008

You Know You're Out of State When...

I'm on my way to Yuma. I was in the car all day long today - much of the time spent sitting in stand-still traffic because I choose to go the most touristy routes I could. I saw the Grand Canyon today for the first time. It was truely breathtaking, and I would have loved to have stayed longer. But it was 15-20 degrees with a wind, there were a million people (I'd hate to see it when the weather is nice), and I had other places I was supposed to be.

Anyway, I just wanted to make a quick observation before I forget. I had left Flagstaff and was trying to find my way to Sedona on I-17 when I saw a sign that said something like, "Bikes stay on the shoulder." What the? Wasn't I on the INTERSTATE? I started watching for more signs. The next one confirmed what I thought: I was on the interstate. And then the next sign: "Speed Limit 75." Whoa!

Are people in Arizona crazy?

0 comments: