Saturday, August 23, 2008

Racin' Today

Sanpete Road Race today. Short story is that I hung with the pack for more than half the race. Felt pretty good since the pace never stayed fast for very long. Speed up, take it down slow, repeat.

My SIL had come out for her first road race. She was riding really strong until her chain came off, and she stopped to put it back on. I didn't see her again until after the race. She told me that her chain came off again and then she flatted, so she thumbed a ride back into town. It was disappointing not to have a wheel vehicle today.

At around 30 miles in, Margaret attacked, and I tried to go with her. About three or four others were able to go with her, but I burned myself up trying. I chased until I couldn't chase anymore. Then I waited for the chase group to catch me and hung with them for awhile before they decided to crank up the pace, and I was off the back. I could see the chase group just ahead the whole rest of the race, but just didn't have what it took to catch them by myself.

Margaret was awesome today. She is a super strong rider and has taught me a lot about racing. She really took good care of me today (until that attack). She ended up taking 2nd place. Yay, Margaret!



Turbo won the Pro/Cat1/2 race. Go Turbo!



No pictures of me today since Slingshot was racing as well. Here he is coming across the line ahead of a Cat3. Good job, Sling!


After the race I hung out and helped clean stuff up. Didn't even get home until dinner time. Lucky for me the neighborhood was having a deep pit BBQ, so I didn't even have to cook dinner!

1 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

Great job out there. Chasing Bev down then the counter attack by Margaret tore our field apart. I'm doing the what ifs today. . .