Friday, August 8, 2008

I'm Starving!!!

So, after a little research and some life events pointing me in this direction, I have decided that something must be done about my diet.

I have begun to wonder if something I'm eating could possibly be causing me problems.

So, I have eliminated sugar, wheat, and cow's milk from my diet.

It's been four days now, and I'm really starting to miss sugar and flour. I have been surviving on soy milk, oatmeal, eggs, rice crackers, lean meat, goat cheese (not my favorite, but right now I'll eat anything), and lots of fruits and vegetables. I have not had a cookie, any ice cream, and most importantly: no cake mix!

The good news is that I have lost some weight. And, it's probably just my perception of things, but I seem to look a bit leaner, too. But that's probably just my mind playing tricks on me because it knows I've lost weight.

The bad news is that I'm so hungry all the time now. I'm planning on staying on this diet for three weeks. I figure that's long enough to see if I feel better because of it, but not so long that I waste away if it's not really working for me. If I feel better after the three weeks is over, I'll start adding omitted items back into my diet in an effort to identify the culprit.

Wish me luck! This is starting to get hard.

As far as training goes: I seem to be on the rest-and-recover plan. Not much riding happening in my neck of the woods lately.

0 comments: