Thursday, June 19, 2008

So Sleepy

Last night I had one of those nights. You know the kind. You wake up every few minutes to check on the time. Then you realize you have several more hours before you have to get up. So you go back to sleep, only to repeat the process a couple of minutes later. Ugh!

At 4:30 am, just as I was finally feeling like I could sleep, Slingshot started rubbing my back. Sigh. I guess it really was time to get up.

I got up, got dressed, and went to work. Interval day in the Spinning studio. I made myself stay on the bike the whole class. No use training myself to get off the bike when the going gets tough.

Class was unusual this morning. More men than women. All the men wearing spandex. Most everyone wearing a heart rate monitor. Everyone doing everything I ask them to do. It was nice.

After class, I came home and showered. Then I decided nothing was more important than sleep. I went back to bed. Two glorious hours of sleep. Deep sleep. I couldn't wake up. As a matter of fact, I may still be sleeping. At least I feel that way. Kind of like I've been drugged. If you've ever taken an antihistamine like Benedryl, you know the feeling. I haven't taken anything. Yet, I have that groggy, sleepy, drugged feeling. I may have to go have a nap. This morning wasn't a nap. It was just going back to bed. I think a nap is in order...

0 comments: