Thursday, June 26, 2008

Am I Insane?

Am I crazy to have suddenly decided that I have to race Gate City Grind this weekend?

I have never done a stage race. I wasn't planning to do this stage race. I am not prepared to do a stage race.

Yet, I'm tempted to throw all caution to the wind, drive myself and my bike to Idaho, and race.

Reasons to go:

  • I feel like it.
  • I want to.
  • I need to get away.
  • I don't like watching my name slip down in ranking while I take a break from racing.
Reasons not to go:
  • I would be in trouble with Slingshot if I dropped everything and ran away.
  • I have things I need to do around here.
  • I don't have the money to register, let alone pay the travel expenses.
  • Like I said before, I'm not prepared to do a stage race right now.
Darn! Looks like the cons outweigh the benefits of going, doesn't it?

Well, that was some short lived excitement to my day. Can't hurt to dream some.

Thanks for helping me think this through.

5 comments:

crazy4rammstein said...

Race.

Sign up on sportsbase before 10pm! I did High Uintas on no riding for ~ 4 days. I was not prepared for climbing 4000+ft in 30M let alone a stage race. Come be with us! Watching the Pro/1/2 hotties race the crit Sunday is reason enough to show up... ;P

Rio's Rider said...

Don't encourage me!

I'm already having a hard enough time sticking with my decision not to go. The wanting to is pretty overwhelming!

Besides, I don't have a place to stay. And I would have to pull some really serious strings to be able to go.

But, I soooo want to!!!

crazy4rammstein said...

Of course I don't want you to do it so I can move up in the UCA rankings (wink wink), but since you have better form than me right now, you should go and kick some butt!

Downhilldiva said...

Since you've decided to stay home will you come over and pull some weeds while I'm gone?

Rio's Rider said...

Actually, Shanna...you should check your phone messages. I think I'm in.