Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I Need a Nap

Group ride this morning. Started out with Slingshot and Ragla. We left before the sun had come up. I hate mornings. But I do really enjoy the peace of early morning, so I guess getting up early is worth it. But, I think I'll try to sneak in a nap today if I can.

We rode down into Provo as the sun was coming up over the east mountains. Then we headed back into Orem to pick up Spinster and to try to catch up to the Telos group. From Orem, we rode up Provo Canyon, and then up South Fork.

It's so pretty up Provo Canyon. The birds were chirping, the river was bubbling, the flowers smelled great. The trees had filled in, and were overhanging the bike path. Yes, I took the bike path. Early mornings are the only time I will take the bike path, before the joggers, dogs, rollerbladers, and skateboarders are out. I had to stop at the restroom at the Nunn's Park campground. Nobody, except Sling, wanted to wait for me, so we lost the group, and he and I rode the rest of the way by ourselves.

It was probably for the best that we rode without the group after that. Sling got a flat, and I had to ride back up South Fork to find him. I also had to stop, twice, to pick up stuff I recogized that Ragla had dropped. By now, we were moving pretty slow, and basically just enjoying ourselves.

Now, here comes the part that got me to thinking. Only once, when Sling was getting after me to bridge a gap (I finally told him to go around me), did he come around and ride in front of me. Why does he do this? What is so entertaining about riding behind me? I'm going to add a poll to let you give your opinions as to why he might be doing this. It's pretty much this way every time we ride together. It doesn't matter if we're by ourselves or with a group, he rides behind me. Tell me what you think.

3 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

He just likes to ride behind you to look at your nice carbon fiber.

Michelle and Nick said...

Sorry I never called you back. I have been feeling guilty about it since....
As I know nothing about biking, I'm guessing he either likes the view, or maybe he is like Nick and always stays behind me when driving to make sure I am okay. Let's get together soon--I'm finally in the new house and mostly settled.

Rio's Rider said...

Okay, so now that the poll is closed, I'm going to post the results here so that I can get rid of the poll.

The winner with 6 votes was "He likes the view."

Runner up with one vote: "As a woman I know where I'm going, so he follows."

0 votes for "My dominate personality makes me the obvious ride leader."

0 votes for "I'm just faster than him."