Monday, June 18, 2007

Who does intervals at 60 BPM?

So, I'm teaching a Spinning class this morning. I had quite a number of newbies in class, making it a record-size class. After one of the intervals, I got off my bike and went to check on member's heart rates. I asked one of the newbies what their heart rate was and got the answer 60. The look on my face must have said it all because she then asks me, "Should I be working harder?" Um... yes, I think so. I can get a 60 BPM sitting on my rear-end reading the newspaper. Apparently she has always had a really low heart rate. Must be practically dead when she's at rest.

Heard from the coach that this is a rest week. Thank heavens! I'm still feeling it from Saturday's ride, and I really could use some rest. I only have two rides, plus Spinning classes, scheduled this week. Maybe I can use the time to get some work done around here.

Or maybe I could spend all my extra time goofing off on the internet...

I am starting to worry about racing LOTOJA. 46 miles on Saturday really wore me out. Three months from now I'm going to be riding almost 100 climbing miles. I think I'll have my triple chain ring put back on for the event. I just want to know that I'll have somewhere easier to go if I need it. Hopefully by September I won't need it.

I think I'll plan to go ride Coalville with a group of friends this weekend. I want to see the coarse before I race it. I better start making plans so I can get a group together. I don't want to have to do it by myself. I was supposed to be racing the Summer Games in Cedar this weekend, but I backed out of that race because I've run out of money. Would have had to drive the truck, and that costs a fortune! Anyway, because I won't be out of town, I'll have some time to practice Coalville.

I've started going to a Pilates class this last week. I hate Pilates. I can't do any of the moves with the ease that everyone else in class seems to do them with. So I feel like a big goof-ball in there. But, I think the class will help me with me lower-back problems. I really feel like I need to strengthen my core. The abs are weak!

I've managed to gain five pounds in the last THREE DAYS! My theory on this is that when I took my weight on Friday, I was dehydrated. I worked hard all weekend to rehydrate and I think (hope) that's where the weight came from. I'm finally back to less than my weight was when I got married 16 years ago, and I'd hate to see me gain again.

Well, enough rambling...I must go clean the house.

0 comments: