Thursday, June 28, 2007

Temptations

I've been down with a sinus infection the last few days. I let it go on so long before going to the Dr. that it really brought me down. I've been pretty exhausted. I'm feeling a bit better today. I've really missed riding my bike, and I've got a great ride planned tonight involving riding with one of the Cat 3 men. I really want to go. The problem is that Coach has told me I'm not to ride until I feel 100 percent better. I'm maybe at 75 percent. So tempting...I don't know if this opportunity will present itself again, and I have to be sick.
The other temptation is Gate City Grind. I haven't wanted to do a stage race this year, so I'm not sure why this one is calling out to me today. Maybe it's just because I don't feel good and so I want to race. It seems like whenever I'm sick the desire to race is stronger than at any other time. At any rate, with all the down time I've had the last couple of weeks, I don't think GCG is really a consideration. Just something to dream about.

0 comments: