Thursday, July 24, 2008

More Rambling Thoughts

This morning's ride
I was really looking forward to sleeping in this morning. I didn't have to get up and teach the pre-dawn Spinning class. Happy Pioneer Day to me! But, last night I got a phone call from Coach Girl inviting me to ride with the group this morning - at 6:30 a.m. I protested. Too early! Then she reminded me that getting up at this time would be sleeping in for me since I wouldn't have to get up even earlier for class. So I got up and went.

I rode as far as Bridal Veil Falls before I decided to turn back. We had been riding up the canyon into a stiff headwind. My legs felt like lead, and I was dropping back from the group. We were going to go up South Fork, but I didn't want to burn myself out for the Chalk Creek race on Saturday, so I came back home. The tailwind coming out of the canyon was quite awesome! I love tailwinds! Recovery ride the whole way home.

Health Stuff
I'm still feeling absurdly fatigued. Today I tried to run some errands only to realize that every place I wanted to go was closed for the holiday. I came home a little grumpy and laid down for "a second." I was gone. I woke up, looked at the clock, and was surprised to see that I had slept for over an hour. It felt like I had just laid down.

I'm still waiting for my bloodwork results from the doctor. On the one hand, I hope they find something wrong with me so there's a reason I have been off lately, and so they can fix what's wrong. On the other hand, I hope nothing's with me.

I hope everyone had a more exciting holiday than I did. I'm planning to go to bed early tonight. I'm hopeful that the neighbors don't keep me awake with fireworks. I need my beauty sleep!

Memories of me
I realized today that the majority of the people who read my blog either have never met me or have spent incredibly limited time with me. So the memory thing from my last post, although a cool concept, really doesn't work here. Still, if you have a memory of me (online or off) to include, please do so.

3 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

My holiday was similar to yours. Early to bed. Hey have you seen the start list for Saturday? Who are all of those women?

Rio's Rider said...

Kandace raced it last year, but other than the regulars, I have no idea about the others. And Glenn?

Anywoo...you know my concerns with newbie racers...I hope I'm wrong this time.

Gary said...

My opinion on the blood work. most likely unless they can do an operation or prescribe you a medication nothing will be wrong with you. There is no money in it unles they can sell you a procedure or a medication. good luck with that one.