Saturday, July 26, 2008

Did It Have To Be A Headwind Both Ways?

Twelve Cat4 women showed up to the Chalk Creek Road Race this morning. The US champion speed skaters whomped on us all. If I trained for six hours a day, I might be so fast, too.

Here we are as we left the start line:

My race was 30 rollery miles. I had to stop three times for animals: twice for cattle and once for goats. I placed 6th. I feel pretty good about that.

Slingshot raced today, too.


Here's some of the Cat1 men coming to the finish line.

On the way home I noticed that the Bridal Veil Fall fire has gotten out of control. I ticks me off that some vandal decided to burn down the building at the top. I have some good memories from that place.
I could see that the fire had burned some of the tram-car cables, and they were hanging down, laying against the mountain. I guess that pretty much seals the deal that this place will not get rebuilt.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you at the race.

I had a miserable day. The race itself was fine, but I attempted to ride home for some more training hours and miles to get ready for LOTOJA and the Tour of Park City.

alas, the heat wiped me out and I needed mommy to come rescue me.

embarrassing