Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Recovery Ride

I wish I had taken my camera on today's ride. It was beautiful today. I did a quick out and back recovery ride. It was a recovery ride because this morning I taught a tough strength Spinning class. Anyway, heading out on my ride I could see about a dozen hot-air ballons floating around in the crisp blue morning sky. There was a balloon that looked like a strawberry, and another that was shaped like a pink pig. All the others were a variety of colors. As I continued on, they got bigger and bigger as I got closer to them. I pulled my bike over to watch as one of the balloons went right overhead. I don't normally stop when I'm out for a ride, but this was a recovery ride and I was in no hurry. As I was standing there, one of the balloons landed in a field next to me. A lady walking by was having a hard time controlling her dog. I think the dog wanted to play with the big "ball" that had just landed. Little kids were running over to see the big balloon. Not something you get to experience everyday. And I wish I had a picture of it all.

I'm really tired today. I had to teach class this morning at 5:30, which means getting out of bed around 4:45. If that's not bad enough, my aunt kept calling me late last night until I finally took the phone off the hook. And then, I guess I was worried that I wouldn't get up in time because I kept waking up all night long to look at the clock: 4 more hours...zzzzz...2 and a half more hours...zzzzz......another hour...zzzzzz...awww, I guess I should just get up. I promised myself I would sleep in tomorrow before I remembered the group ride I'm going on. Groan...another early morning tomorrow, too. I'm not much of a morning person.

0 comments: