Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Adventures with Coach Girl

Rode with Coach Girl today for another exciting adventure in threshold pain. She's really getting into this coaching thing lately. I got a lot of "Don't let me drop you!" and "I want you hammer right now!" and "Get your butt back on your saddle." and "You need to learn how to descend faster, GO!"

For some reason I was riding in chicken mode today. Especially on the descent. We were riding the same coarse as I rode when my friend wrecked a couple of weeks ago. That could be the reason I was a bit leery. Once I realized I was being a wuss, I relaxed a bit, and kicked my speed up a notch. And just in time for me to hit a huge rock in the road. Luckily, it only wobbled me around a bit, and scared me back into my previous cautionary state. But Coach Girl wouldn't let me slow down again. That's when she started riding right behind me yelling something I couldn't understand. But it sounded like I was going to be in trouble, so I kept pushing hard. Coach Girl doesn't let me goof off when I ride; everything is very serious when you're on your bike. I like that about her. Sometimes though, I wish she'd let me recover more. I never seem to get a good recovery in when she comes along.

At any rate, I did this route in record time today. 25 miles of mostly climbing in less than an hour and a half.

I'm beginning to notice that it only seems to rain around here when I'm riding my bike. I really need to do my part to end the drought by riding more.

0 comments: