Thursday, July 5, 2007

Bummer Day

Today is such a boring day. I was up before the sun this morning, taught an interval Spinning class, rode a short recovery ride, then I came back home and crashed for two hours. You know you're tired when you can have a two hour nap at 8:30 in the morning.

Well, I haven't been able to get myself to do one single thing the rest of the day.

I've just sat around and thought about things: Why am I so tired? Why am I so hungry? Am I over trained? Should I be training more? Why would anyone create such a cruel race as Wolf Creek looks like it's going to be? Why do I want to do Wolf Creek? Am I going to be ready for LOTOJA? Why do I enjoy torturing myself with these rides? Why can my sister-in-law get on a bike and kick my butt from day one? How can I get rid of some of this body fat so I can see the muscles that I know are under there? Shouldn't I be doing something else today?

Maybe I'll go see if I can go back to sleep again.

0 comments: