Saturday, June 13, 2009

Today's Ride

Had a pleasant ride out to Saratoga Springs today. And by pleasant, I mean ridiculously slow and easy.

There were four of us on the ride; one of which was a brand new, nervous rider on a borrowed bike. Much of the ride was spent coasting along, waiting for her to catch up. I didn't realize until after I got home that she probably could have kept up just fine if we had picked up the pace a little. She just wasn't comfortable anywhere near the rest of us, so she hung way back. This caused us to go really slow.

Don't think I regret going on this ride. I had a great time. I actually had a chance to look around a bit and enjoy the scenery. I've been on this route dozens of times, and today I noticed so many new things. Besides, the company was great. I'm excited to go with this group again.

Oh, and we made it back home just before the nasty storm hit. So glad not to have been out in gale-force winds and driving rain!

The doc says that my concussion is improving. Now that my ribs are feeling better I can breathe easier, and I think that is helping. Next week I'm hoping to ramp up the training again so that I can be ready for Chalk Creek. I love that race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are making progress in your recovery. I was going to ride up the canyon this morning but saw a curtain of rain up there, so I didn't. :) Maybe you were already up there???

Hilslug

Rio's Rider said...

Yep. Interval ride up South Fork. The rain started coming down hard as we started the descent. Got soaked. Had a blast!