Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Last Few Days - UPDATE

Saturday, I took a trip down to the UVU parking lot where I wrecked during the crit. My blood was still on the asphalt, all dried and black. I walked around the lot trying to figure out the course and what went wrong. I couldn't remember...

Monday, I went to my doctor. I was joking around with him that I couldn't fill out his paperwork because I thought I had a concussion. Nobody had bothered to check me for that, so I assumed I didn't have one. I was wrong. He tells me I have no response in the eye dilation department. No wonder I've been so danged dingy lately! He also told me that I won't be racing on the 13th unless I want to cause further damage my knee. The knee has been the least of my concerns since it didn't look too bad, but it's turned out to be one of the most swollen and bruised parts.

I also finalized my class schedule at UVU. Yes, I really am going back to school. Probably not the best day to talk to people...I had a hard time following along. How long do concussions last anyway?

Today, I went back to teach a Spinning class. It was a strength day, but I pretty much just rode easy. The rumors had spread far and wide at the fitness center. Everyone had heard that I had practically died and that I had broken every bone in my body. I was glad to go set them straight. My knee has gotten really stiff, so it took a while to loosen it up. By the end of class I could even stand up a little to ride.

My injuries are looking much better. Some of the scabs have started to peel off and most of the swelling has gone down. I have to get the stitches taken out of my chin today. I'm terrified! Now that the swelling has gone down, I have so much more feeling. I'm sure getting them out is going to be so much worse than having them put in.

For the record - total list of injuries:

  • concussion
  • chin laceration with four stitches
  • bruised collarbone
  • sore ribs
  • bruised/swollen/road rashed right shoulder
  • bruised/swollen/road rashed right elbow
  • several cuts on my right hand knuckles
  • bruised/swollen left thumb
  • bruised/swollen left palm
  • bruised/swollen right knee

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so it was just a little bit more than a flesh wound.

Hope all heals really fast.