Monday, June 22, 2009

It's Hard to Blog When Your Head is a Jumbled Mess

WARNING: THIS IS NOT A HAPPY POST. I'M NOT IN A GOOD MOOD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

So much on my mind lately. Training, or lack of. Scars, particularly the one on my face. Disappointments. Job. Money. Pain. Family. School. Motivation. Interviews. Meetings. Friends. The list goes on and on...

All this keeps me awake at night, and then wakes me up entirely too early in the morning. I haven't been sleeping more than two to four hours a night lately. Not good for someone trying to recover from a concussion.

I rode a few times last week. I think I may have pushed myself too hard. I did it against doctor's orders, but I'm tired of riding easy. I've decided I'd better back off again because, while riding hard felt great to my body, it did little for my head but cause dizziness and headaches.

I found it interesting last week because on at least two of my rides people recognized me from my accident. Too bad my 15 minutes of fame had to come because of a face disfiguring wreck.

Yea, I'm pretty bitter about my scar. I was actually kind of proud of my battle wound for the first couple of weeks. But it has continued to get uglier instead of less noticeable. It's not looking good lately. If the swelling in my chin would ever go down, it might not look so bad. Either way, it's all I can see when I look in the mirror.

Thought I'd ride today, but nobody can ride when I can, so I guess I'll call it a rest and recovery day. Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house instead.

I guess I'll end this post with a little story: I was at the mall the other day. The store I was in had an ear piercing booth and a little girl was getting ready to have her ears pierced. I wasn't paying any attention to what was going on until I heard her dad say, "Yeah, she wrecked on her bike." I turned around to see that the little girl's chin was covered with road rash. "Did you say she wrecked on her bike?" "Yeah, she was showing off for the boys and went over her handlebars. She had to have stitches." "Really? I guess we are one in the same," I said pointing to my chin.

0 comments: