Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update

I've been busy lately. Sorry for the lack of blogging on my part.

I've been teaching extra Spinning classes this week. Our center is next door to a high school, and the gym teacher likes to hire us occasionally to take over his job for a while. Sometimes I really enjoy these classes. The energy from the kids can be incredible.

These are difficult classes to instruct. Teenagers tend to get bored easily, and it takes a ton of energy, creativity, and planning to keep them entertained for an hour. Plus, most of these kids really don't want to be there. There is a huge difference between teaching a class full of happy energetic people who are there because they WANT to be, and teaching a class overflowing with grumpy teens who HAVE to be there.

But then there are days when the high schoolers come in ready to work and they seem to have fun, and at the end of it all, they thank me and tell me that they are excited for next time. That makes it all worth the effort.

0 comments: