Monday, November 10, 2008

Is the 8th Time a Charm?

Aaaaa!!!
My phone is driving me crazy!
I've logged in to Blogger EIGHT times so far, only to kicked off the system each time!
But, I will win! Heck or highwater, I'm going to put up a post from my phone tonight if I have to log in 100 more times! I was able to post my last post from my phone without any problems, so I don't know why I'm having such trouble tonight.

A couple of quick items before I get kicked off again:

First, to my Facebook friends who also have blogs: Please don't forget you have a blog. I enjoy reading about your adventures just as you love hanging out on Facebook. Vague status updates are not cutting it. Update those blogs!

Next, I'm thinking about trying a 'cross race this weekend. I'm not looking to race to be competitive. I just want to go and see what all this 'cross fuss is all about. Plus, I'm looking to be the biggest dork on the course. I'm quite sure I'll win the dork competition. Here's why:
1) I don't ride on dirt - ever. Ok, not never. I have raced Hell of the North a couple of times, and I dinked around on a kid's bike on a camping trip once. But that pretty much sums up my dirt-riding experience.
2) I don't own a cross bike, so I'll have to bring a mountain bike. A mountain bike I've only ridden a couple of times.
3) The mountain bike doesn't have clipless pedals, thus adding to the dork factor. So I would be racing in gym shoes (or hiking boots, depending on the weather).
4)I think I'll add some crazy outfit to the mix just in case someone else tries to out-dork me.

Well...I think I've just about talked myself out of racing 'cross this weekend. Boy, I'm glad I came here to blog tonight!

4 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

Since you are brand new you can race C flight. Since I wont be racing C flight you can use my cross bike. No more excuses! We have so much fun that no one cares if you're a dork- at least no one has mentioned it to me.

Rio's Rider said...

But, but that would leave me without the dork excuse. I mean, really, if I'm going to ride like a dork, I have to look like one, don't I? (Don't worry...I won't come in my race kit and embarrass the team!)

You're racing A flight now, aren't you? You're too cool! Act like you don't know me if you see me on Saturday! :-)

Downhilldiva said...

I only raced A flight one week because I flatted out of B flight. This week I'm thinking about racing B and A flight but C flight is in between. You can race C and keep my bike warmed up ;). Come and wear your kit. . represent your team girl! I promise. . we're all dorks at some point out there.

Gary said...

some of my best cross results were on my MTB.