Friday, November 28, 2008

T-Day Report

Thanksgiving is over! After a couple of weeks of scrubbing, decluttering, organizing, and cooking, I can decompress. I hope it was a great day for everyone!

Actually, I really enjoyed my day yesterday. I woke up in the morning, looked out the window, and saw that it had been raining. Great. I knew no one would show up for the group ride if there was rain. But, by the time I'd had my breakfast and gotten dressed, the sun was shining through the clouds a little bit.

Since I was the ride leader for this year's annual Thanksgiving Day ride, I couldn't opt out of going. I'm glad I didn't. When I stepped out the door I was surprised at how warm the day felt. Even after we were on our bikes and moving, the weather felt great! Sure, the roads were a little wet, but it really couldn't have been a nicer November day.



Nobody was at the meeting place when Slingshot and I got there--surprise, surprise. We waited around for about ten minutes before we decided that everyone else had been scared off by the rain. We considered just riding back home since there was so much to do, but since it was so nice out, we decided we'd rather keep riding.

We didn't ride for long. We only covered 11.5 miles. But, I could have kept riding all day. I really wanted to forget about everything else and just ride. In reality though, I did have to get back home. I had family coming for Thanksgiving dinner, and I still had to cook a lot of food. So, not quite an hour later, we were back at home.

Thanksgiving dinner with my family went better than I expected. All my preparation went really smoothly, and everything turned out great. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, and even my mom was nice.

Her husband, on the other hand, was about to get kicked out! That man seriously needs a lesson in manners! I think the following picture shows how I felt about some of the comments I got from him.


Carving the turkey.


Finally, able to sit down and eat.


After dinner we played games and enjoyed each other's company. I helped my niece set up a facebook account. She already had three friend requests, and she quickly dismissed two of them because "they're dumb."

It was a busy, happy day. I'm glad it's over. It's nice to get together with people you don't see often. But, it's lots of work. At least it's not my turn to host again until 2012! That seems like such a distant date, but I'm sure it will be here before I know it.

0 comments: