Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The "Ultra" Experience

Whimper!

Yesterday I went into the tanning salon to see about pricing and what not. The lady behind the desk told me I could try a free Ultra tan.

"What's that?"

"It's like three regular tans put into one"

That should have been the first red flag. But it was going to be free after all, and I wanted to even out the biker tan lines before they really had a chance to take hold. So I took it.

The lady then proceeded to explain that this bed didn't block the "bad" rays, the ones that burn you.

"Pshaw! I don't burn!"

Then she asked if I wanted the full time of 10 minutes. That should have been the next red flag. A tan bed that can burn you in under ten minutes. "Only ten minutes? Oh sure, I'll be fine."

Then she told me to be careful about the parts that might not have seen the sun. Well, I didn't listen. When you have a room to yourself, you think you don't burn, and you don't want any tan lines, what are you going to do? Yep, that's what I did.

I do burn. And it hurts. Especially on those places that usually don't see the sun.

Be careful of freebies. They're not really free.

Whimper.

3 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

Ouch! Appreciate the all over color you have though. I forgot the sunscreen on my arms Saturday and now I look like I'm wearing bright red armwarmers. Or maybe a better description is that I look like I'm wearing a white T shirt on under everything.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, tanning booths?

You trying to get rid of the tan lines from biking or something? Trip to the beach planned?

KanyonKris said...

Good post - funny for us, ouch for you.