Friday, April 11, 2008

Spinning

A lot of times when I tell someone that I am a Spinning instructor, I get this response:

"Spinning? Does that have something to do with knitting and yarn?"

I should just start telling them that "Yes, yes, it does. My name is Rumpelstiltskin, and not only can I make yarn, but in my spare time I spin straw into gold."

For for those of you who don't know what Spinning really is, I have a photo for you.

Some guy in my Spinning class brought a camera to class on Wednesday. He said that he needed to prove to his son that he has been exercising and has lost a lot of weight because of it. I took his picture, and he took a whole bunch of pictures of everyone in the class, including me. So here I am, teaching Spinning. As you can see, it has nothing to do with yarn. It is a lot of fun! I love it!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should show up to a knitting classes in your spin gear. That would be sweet.

Ask the old ladies to knit you some leg warmers of something.

Downhilldiva said...

I like your giant mic. Maybe it is better than a headset if there is less Darth Vadar breathing.

Rio's Rider said...

I hate the giant mic.

We've been trying to get headsets in the Spinning studio for a long time, but it will probably never happen.

I still do the Darth Vadar breathing with this mic, plus I'm constantly having to move it around, and it falls apart at the base when you touch it. When I'm off my bike I have to yell over the music 'til I'm hoarse, and still nobody can hear me. And when I teach off the bike, I feel like a stand up comic with that thing.

Ending rant.

Rio's Rider said...

Plus, as you can see, I have to bow to the mic to talk into it.

Ok, now I'm done.

Thanks a lot for getting me started on this, Diva! ;-)