Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Experimenting

I had a good ride today. Put in about 20 miles down by Utah Lake. It sure was a beautiful day.

Anyone who's ridden with me knows that I watch birds while I ride. There were a lot of birds out to watch today: tons of pelicans,
lots of ibis,plenty of ducks, what had to have been a golden eagle (I was trying to watch the road), and another smaller hawk (once again, it's hard to bird watch and ride at the same time), plus the usual sparrows, finches, killdeer, starlings, and quail. This bird watching habit drives several of my riding buddies crazy, but it's what you get when you ride with the daughter of a wildlife officer. One of these days, I'm going to plan a ride where I tuck a copy of a birding field guide in my jersey pocket and take the time to stop and really watch the birds. I'd like that.

I took along the same foods that I had raced with on Saturday in an attempt to figure out what made me so sick after the race. So far what I've figured out is that it wasn't the stuff I ate while I raced, so it was either food poisoning or the flu. I'm just starting to feel back to normal today...an occasional, quick stomach cramp is all. At least I know that I can continue to use the foods I want to use during races without worrying about catching the evil gaumboo.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, you have a great camera. :P

too bad you missed the crit, you could have been one of the many crash victims.