Saturday, January 12, 2008

More Fun in the Snow

It was a beautiful, sunny day today. I went to the Sundance Nordic Center dressed for the snowy, frozen days I've been used to. I was too hot on the trails today. Way overdressed.

Today, I went snowshoeing for the first time. I took along my good friend Ragla. We had a lot of fun. She's one laugh after another. We laughed, yelled, cheered for the xc skiers we saw, and threw snowballs at each other. Totally broke up the peace and solitude that I'm sure most people go to the Nordic trails to find. That's the way it is when Ragla and I get together -- totally irreverent.



When we got back to the yurt we decided we weren't quite done having fun yet. So we strapped on some xc skis and took off up the trails again. It was especially funny to ski with Ragla. She had never skied in any form before. I've never seen anyone fall down so many times, and have a blast doing it.


2.5 hours on the trails.

0 comments: