Thursday, December 6, 2007

Whimper

Owie! I thought yesterday was bad, but today is worse. I am sore from my upper glutes, all the way down both sides of my leg, clear down to my inner knee. The U of U doesn't goof around when they do a study. They know exactly how to make a person sorer than hell! I can't walk gracefully, can't bend down, can't do much at all! Even sitting is uncomfortable. My knee keeps buckling on me if I try to walk too fast or go down the stairs. At first I wondered why they only tortured one leg, now I'm thankful that I have a good leg to get around on. I am totally favoring my right leg. I tried to get a good picture of my legs to post because the right leg is absolutely swollen. But my legs just looked fat and lumpy in all the photos I took, so I'm not posting them. Sorry.

The whole point of this study is to see how well or quickly the participants recover. I don't feel like I'm recovering well at this point. I'm pretty sure I'm on the placebo recovery drink. They have to have someone take a placebo for it to be a valid study, right?

One more thing: The U of U saddles are sooooo uncomfortable! I think they were made in the 1970s. A couple of them have this lip thing that pokes up off the back end. Talk about pain in my um...tailbone! I've contacted a couple of bike shops to see if they'd be willing to donate some better saddles, but so far I haven't gotten a response. If anyone knows of some newer, unwanted saddles that could be donated to a good cause, let me know. They could use five...bike #6 actually has a decent saddle.

0 comments: