Saturday, December 8, 2007

I Failed Recovery

Apparently, I didn't recover so well after all. I have to make another trip back to the U next week. Which, I guess is fine and dandy with me. Aside from the blood draws, I'm kinda starting to like it up there.

This morning I felt much better, but once I got to the lab and warmed up, I could tell I was still quite sore. I probably shouldn't have announced that piece of info to the study director. I think that's the very reason I was asked to come back.

After I left the lab, my leg just seemed to stay sore. It's mostly sore down the outer quad today. I think it may even feel just a bit worse than yesterday. The good news is that I no longer have restrictions as to what I can do. I can ride again, ski, go to the chiropractor, eat what I want, and take my vitamins and ibuprofen again. And that's the first thing that I did: pop some pain killers! My neck has probably been more painful than anything the last few days. It's been out since I strained it on Tuesday, and I've been restricted from medicine or chiropractic. The meds worked well. It was good to feel normal again, if only for a couple of hours.

2 comments:

crazy4rammstein said...

Hey!
I spoke to Shana Matheson at the cross race today and she is also looking for a team. She rides for Porcupine and says that she likes it, but there are no women to race/ride with. She's considering VMG/Ski Utah. I told her that I always have 3-6 teammates at a race (you already know that though!).

Yes...another shameless plug of the Vanguard racers! We have a slew of Cat4 women, a handful of Cat3, and a Cat1 (former Pro who rode the women's Tour de France in 1984). She puts us through workouts early in the season to prepare for races like East Canyon.

FYI, our 2nd clothing order (if I haven't already said) has not occured yet, so, there's still tie to get a jersey + other stuff. We sign up on sportsbaseonline for ~$40. Then, we get a password that allows us to order or race gear. There's even a kit at Canyon Bicycles to try on so you get the EXACT sizes you need! I'll email you a pdf catalog if you want.

Rio's Rider said...

Alright, even if I'm being totally indecisive about this, I'd still like to see the catalog. Please send it to the email address on my profile page.
Maybe I'll regain my ability to make decisions once the holidays are over.
Thanks, BG!