Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Passed!

Yea! I passed recovery at the U! I went back up there today, went through all the drills, and I'm done! I'm still just a teensy bit sore down my right IT band, nothing really worth mentioning.

My wattage numbers were back up to my pre-test numbers. I was finally told what all those numbers were today. It was interesting to see that my lowest wattage day wasn't the day when I hurt the worst, it was the day I did the backward-pedaling bike. Every day thereafter, the watts climbed back up.

Steve, the guy who runs the program, is really a positive, good-natured guy. He's just a young college guy, but he really has a lot going for him. He's already got his life plan all figured out, and he's well on his way. He's really knowledgeable about all this body mechanics stuff, so I picked his brain a bit today. He seems to think that the best way to train is one leg at a time. There will be more testing on that in the future. We also talked a bit about training using something like the motorized backward-pedaling bike. I told him that I thought that if I could use something like that on a regular basis, and get used to it, it would make a great training tool. He says there's also a study on that in the future.

Looks like I'll be doing more studies at the U again in the future. Good thing I think all this science stuff is fun.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm tempted to try it myself before I'm too old for it.

Problem is I like to eat at strange times in the middle of the night and sticking to their diet doesn't sound easy.

When's the next wave of suckers going to sign up?

Rio's Rider said...

Actually, the diet wasn't so bad. You could eat whatever they gave you, whenever you wanted. It just had to be their food. The first day I was worried that if I didn't ration it out carefully I'd starve by the end of the day. But it turned out that I almost had trouble getting it all in by day's end. They give you plenty, you could save some for your midnight snacking.

They are still finishing this study up, so I don't imagine another's coming before Jan. I'll keep you posted.