Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Giving it Another Shot

So, I hustled my buns to RMR tonight so I could give this racing thing another shot. The way I see it, the more I race the better I'll get. At least I hope that holds true for me.

For some reason, as the race started I panicked. I think maybe the fact that a couple of girls in front of me couldn't get clipped in and started swerving a bit had something to do with it. Then the sun in my eyes started bugging me and my bike started to feel like something was wrong. I'm sure it was all in my head. At any rate, I just wanted to get away from everybody. I went to the back of the pack and tucked in behind another girl. Pretty soon, we were dropped.

Then the anger set in. Why do I always have to be off the back? I jumped and sprinted around her. But to no avail...I couldn't catch back on to the pack. Shanna came around and we worked together for about three laps before she took off and left me. It was nice to have a draft and some company for that little while. But for the most part this was another time trial effort for me.

I'm going to get stomped on this weekend at the Downtown Crit.

4 comments:

Downhilldiva said...

I was reading in my "Mind Gym" last night that it is always "too soon to quit". It also said that when you have a series of struggles that usually means you due for a breakthrough. Keep pushing, it will come!

Rio's Rider said...

I hope it comes before this weekend!

Unknown said...

you raced. I still haven't done that since I crashed out there two weeks ago.

Triathlon this week. It's just me and a clock to race against.

Next week, though, I'm not going to get dropped at Bear Lake unless I have a mechanical. I don't care if I have to soak my thighs in ice after I finish, but I will not get dropped.

KanyonKris said...

I've got a little gift I hope will cheer you up - Song Intros part 2 over on my blog. :-)