Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Post Dedicated to "Turbo"

I don't usually post about someone I've only met once and really only know as an online presence. I don't normally dream about them either. But last night's dream was so real, and yet a bit bizarre.

In the dream I had gone down to Provo to what must have been a pawn shop. Turbo worked there. Surprisingly, he recognized me when I walked in, and we sat and chatted for a while. Then I noticed a beautiful yellow 80s model road bike. I had to have it, so Turbo rang up the purchase. While I was at it, I decided to also buy a kiddie trailer to tow behind it. Then Turbo said to me, "Hey, I know where we can buy two matching minivans. One for you and one for me." Apparently he felt that since we're such good friends we should have a matched set. I told him that under no circumstance was I going to drive a minivan, even if it matched his. He continued to tease me about the minivan idea for a while before I said goodbye. As I was leaving, I told him I was going to name my new bike Lemondrop (imagine me known as Lemondrop's Rider --haha). I then used my super-dream strength to hoist the hitch of the bike trailer over my shoulder (the bike and the trailer were now hooked together). I proceeded to walk home (like 10 miles away) CARRYING the bike and trailer over my shoulder like a purse. I began to have self doubts about the trailer purchase. What was I going to do with a bike trailer?

What does it all mean? Who knows.

And since this is a post about Turbo, I'll include the following thought as well: I recently realized my flat iron has a turbo button. I don't know why I've never noticed it before. I tried it out. The effects of the turbo button were amazing:

It was
-hotter
-faster
-got the job done in half the time

However, when using the turbo button
-if you aren't careful you'll get burned
-for some reason it smells funny when turboed

Why can't I have my own turbo button?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

for your sake, i hope you never dream about me

;)

Rio's Rider said...

You may have just jinxed it. I've been having some really vivid ones lately. I may have to meet you in person before I can dream about you, but I'll let you know if I do.

crazy4rammstein said...

If you want to check of The Hard Road DVD and see just how bad ass he is, let me know. Great watch.

Rio's Rider said...

Who, JE? In a movie? Oh, yeah! I wanna see it!

Rio's Rider said...

Or Turbo? I'd wanna see that too, although I already know how "bad ass" he is.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, BCOAB. FWIW, it's a little weird being in a documentary, but fun and nice to have to look back on those times. Brings back a lot of memories. With time more good than bad ones.
RB