Saturday, February 23, 2008

AaaaaaaaaAaAaAAAA!

I'm not having a good day.

1) I sat at the salon waiting to get my hair done for 20 minutes before the receptionist informed me that my stylist wasn't coming in today. I had to come home and work instead of getting pampered.

2) Rio had her post-crash check-up at the bike shop today. When I was driving home, a teenager rear-ended me. Minor damage to the car. Rio's okay. The kid who hit me didn't have his insurance info on him, so I still have to call and get that from him. More dumb things I've gotta do.

3) My plan was to ride to Saratoga Springs with Phil and Ruth today. But, when I called Phil to ask where he was, he told me that he had heard a RUMOR that I was racing BMX tonight instead of riding with him, so he made other plans and couldn't go after all. Ruth had waited around for Phil and me for long enough, and she had gone off to do other stuff too. I really didn't want to ride by myself today, and nobody else wanted to go on such short notice.

4) I did manage to enjoy my solo bike ride. All 2.8 miles of it. Just as I was gearing up for a fast descent, I hit a monster staple. It put three holes in my tire and did some carnage to my brakes. Since I needed a whole new tire, and I wasn't carrying one, that was the end of my fabulous ride.

5) I came home to put a new tire on and thought that I would take a picture of the damage the staple caused before I got started. It was then that I realized that Sling had taken the camera to the BMX track. So, sorry, no picture.

6) When I went to take the tire off the wheel I found that my tire lever had broken.

7) To make matters worse, my Garmin is staging a boycott and won't download my ride information onto the computer.


My bike hates me. I think she's jealous that I've been lusting after another bike.

I think I'll go soak in the hot tub.

2 comments:

crazy4rammstein said...

Jeeeeesus!

Anonymous said...

quit your whining!